Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hong Kong Extras

Food we tried: Squid; fried and boiled             pork rib                                    Tofu

                        chicken feet                             fish balls                      Fish Eye soup

                        pigeon                                      oyster pancakes                       Prawns

                        pig skin                                     beef balls                     Duck

                        cuddlefish                                Radish cake                 Squid

                        shrimp                                     pig stomach                 Cockles

                        fish belly                                 coconut bean jelly



Quotes:
"I don't feel full, but I definitely feel done." -Brianna
After the meal at Kings Palace, it wasn't the greatest...


"I thought I was hungry, until I took a bite of pig skin." -Regan

"I feel legit full now, not just done." -Seth

"It tastes like normal jelly, just with a little bit of Chinese flavour." -Woodsy

"When Woodsy tells you that the Chinese Food is 10x better in Hong Kong, he's lying." -Regan

"It didn't taste like plum to me... I love plum!" -Woodsy

"I'm not a big fish...." -Brianna
I was going to finish with the word person, but I thought no one was paying attention to what I was saying, so my sentence trailed off.... they were listening!

"I'm not a big black guy." -Seth
As he walks out of a store that sells all black clothing...

Five Chinese Flavours:

Sweet, Spicy, Sour, Salty, and Bitter

Colors:                                                 Looking after New Boy:

Hungsek=red                                       In the day there are two hour shifts, starting at 7 am. All

lambsek=blue                                      the brothers and helpers take turns. Night shift: 7pm-10pm,

loksek-green                                        10pm-2:30am, and 2:30am-7:00am.

wongsek=yellow                                  The first 10 days he is watched 24/7

Schedule:

Wake-up 7am

Morning activity (praying in tongues, stretching, VBC) 7:30am

Breakfast 8am

Brother Sharing Time 8:30am

Esso 8:40

Worship and Bible reading 9:30am

Cleaning 11am

Lunch 12:30pm

Activities/Lessons 1:30-4pm

HFC Games 4pm

Shower 5:30pm

Dinner 6:30pm

Worship/Prayer Group 7:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment