Friday, April 20, 2012

English Class

April 11
We taught English class for three classes to the teenagers and it went alright. We talked about the Olympics and did some charades to get across each sport played, then we ended with a game of Bingo. The most difficult part was having all of us there to teach when there was about the same number of teachers as students. Overall it was a great experience, working together as a team to get across our own language in an effective way.
Then in the afternoon, Some brothers and helpers from Block 4 went to Ceshire Homes in the afternoon and Woodsey figured it would be a good experience for me to have, so I had the opportunity to go along. We walked there since it was just downhill from New Man House. The people there were older and most of them were in wheelchairs.We had to wear yellow vests and a security pass, and brought people from their rooms to our sing-a-long. I think they really appreciated us being there, since they probably don't receive too many visitors.The only problem was the heat and the fact that I don't understand Chinese...  add that I'm not caught up on my sleep and you've got eyelid fluttering Brianna through the entire afternoon. It was SO hard to stay awake and afterwards the guys told me that they were sure I fell asleep during prayer. We took the people back to their rooms after and were rewarded for our efforts with a cookie/chocolate gift bag and a can of pop. Then we got ready to walk back up the hill but were met by the van at the gate and got a ride back which was really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment