Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First Night Duty

Friday April 6th

So Woodsy had asked me early in the week If I wanted to visit the Girls House if he could arrange a day and I said sure, on the basis that I would be visiting to see how its different from the New Man House. So he told me friday that the next morning I needed to bring my overnight stuff so that after our morning out, I could head there. Friday Night was my first New Man Duty. It went quite well, I had second shift. So I went to bed at 8:30pm and then woke up at 2:15 am to head to Blk 3. The other guy on duty in the next room brought me noodles at around 4am and the New Man slept almost the entire time, save for a bathroom break. He was a loud snorer but maybe it was a good thing, since it kept me awake. The duty went fairly quickly since I prayed in tongues and drew some pictures. The boys also had night duty and got to talk to their charge since he could speak some English. He told Seth and Regan afterwards that without them and their prayers, he wouldn't still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment