Saturday, February 4, 2012

More updates...:)

So this week so far has been great! We had two assignments due today that i finished yesterday so my whole day is free! I set up a bank account and have to go into town to get my bank card and to tell them that my last name is Tauber not TAUBNER!!!! I'm not sure how they managed to do that since they had a photocopy of my passport with my name on it.... The Hong Kong meeting is on monday so I'm going to go to that and see if after the meeting I'm still set on going :). A bunch of people are heading into sydney today but since I spent the majority of my cash on a ticket to the sydney opera, I don't have 20$ to pay for transportation. I'll definitely have another chance to go so it's not a big deal. Last night we had a girls night at Kim's house. Her house is built so differently... Its one floor. There is a pool outside and in from that is covered courtyard where we stayed the whole time. Her parents live in a room off the courtyard while her family live in the house. We got manicures and facials while the boys stayed back at the school to watch a movie and roll in the mud...apparently. It was alot of fun and all the staff/volunteers brought their young daughters to join in the festivities. Pretty much everyone is starting to call me Bree which is nice and sounds neat in their accent although they keep reminding us that we are the ones that have the accent. SN @ C is quickly approaching and our topic is filling our life with God. We have to have a full practice tomorrow before it actually starts to make sure we have enough stuff to fill 35 minutes or more. I got my ministry last night and I am going to be going to a church sunday nights to pretty much do whatever they need in areas of help, such as set-up, running sunday school, writing curiculum.... It should be quite interesting! I just realized as I was writing this that I probably wont be able to go to church  tomorrow since I need to practice for SN @ C.. hmmm, I ll have to talk to someone about that. We ve also been encouraged to choose a mentor that we can talk to about whatever we need to during this semester or term. Last thing I can think of to write is that they use some different phrases or words that are kind of odd. My favorite is that a speedo is called a budgie smuggler haha.

1 comment:

  1. hey that all sounds amazing!!:) is it hot there? meeting nice people? and wow going to hong kong would be amazing! well im gonna try and send you an email soon! glad its going so well:)

    ReplyDelete