Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Workday

So, first full workday and it went pretty well! I prayed the night before and asked God for a fairly nice day since I was scheduled to work outside, he pulled through of course :). It started out really nice and the sun was out, Rachel and I were on van cleaning duty which I found amusing. So far the jobs I've had are cleaning bathrooms (which I don't do very often at home) and cleaning vehicles inside and out( also something I don't do often)! Interesting... haha anyways I was almost done cleaning the van when Neil (principal) came and drove it into town, he said he would bring it back so I could finish but that never happened... After van cleaning, we were giving the task of cleaning all the outside lights and were given a stepladder, sponge and broom! Lots of cobwebs in those lights and I saw another interesting spider. No need to worry, no screaming here....yet! After that we were instructed to clean the bread van which is a van with no seats that they use to carry the leftover bakery bread. The outside was easy enough to clean with the sponge and water hose (I may have "accidentely" got some people wet") but once we got inside we saw that moss was growing inside the van. Please pray for a new bread van, or even an old one with no moss! All of a sudden while we are cleaning Rachel screams and starts running to the front of the van, so I do too. I didn't realize at the time but the van had started rolling forward toward the tool shed and Rachel was runing to the front of the bus to stop it. Emma also saw what was happening and tried to jump in the van from the outside but forgot which side the brake was on! Well, due to our inability to stop the van, it hit the tool shed, narrowly missing the water pipe and bringing us to a halt. Quite the little adventure, and by this time God decided that we had had enough nice weather and since I was getting people wet, he decided he needed to wash his van and "accidentely" get me ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment