So after today I'm pretty sure that it's going to take ALOT to impress me on Valentines. The Capernwray guys remade the song http://www.elyrics.net/read/u/uncle-kracker-lyrics/follow-me-lyrics.html (Follow Me) to sing to us as an invitation and after they served us dinner, they escorted us to our seats and made our evening very memorable :). After that dinner the girls felt that decorating the lecture hall and making valentines, decorating cupcakes as well as leaving chocolates wasn't enough. I think that sometimes instead of trying to repay something great with something better, its best to just say thankyou and look for little ways to bless the person or people who made you feel so special and loved. Since all the girls have a secret brother for the week, there are plenty of opportunities! The guys don't seem to like not knowing who is leaving them gifts, and they have resorted to studying handwriting.... I won't be leaving my books around!
I also got a bouquet of chocolate roses from my valentine :), as well as a box of chocolates from my secret sister! I think this Valentines Day I have gotten more gifts then I have for all the valentines days I've been alive.
Kyle bought Nicole a flower plant and Taylor got a dozen roses from her family back in PEI! I'm hoping that letters come from home for me soon!!!
Tomorrow morning my family group gets to sleep in and go for breakfast at Cass and Garths' house, for bacon and eggs!! This will be a nice change from our regular toast and cereal. Then after a short 3 hr workday, we may go to the beach, God-willing...
Hmmm, last matter of business. I made the cut for the trip to Hong Kong and we will most probably be booking our flights tomorrow afternoon! The reason this is in smaller writing is because although I get to go to Hong Kong it hasn't been announced yet but I trust you all not to blab ;)
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, ALL!!!!
Does your Valentine's Day date have a name? We read your blog everyday. So keep posting. Happy Valentine's Day. Love you. Jodie
ReplyDelete