Monday, February 27, 2012

Meeting #2

WOW, I just came back from a Hong Kong meeting and have so much information in my head right now, I don't even know where to start. Emily has been coming to all our meetings so far to support us but Woodsy has decided that we really need to learn and grow together as a team so she will probably just be joining us for prayer on Thursday nights.
 So Woodsy told us a lot about what we'll be doing in Hong Kong. I would be lying if I told you that what he said didn't make me uncomfortable. Granted as a girl I will not ever be alone with a New Boy, for which I am thankful. We all are going to be taking shifts with the new guys that come in. This is an all day thing and they are spiritual babies so for the first little while that they are at New Man House, we are to get them whatever they want, whenever they want it. The guys actually have to go in the bathroom with the recovering drug addicts to make sure that they aren't hiding drugs on them. I am SO glad that I'm a girl lol. Woodsy also said that all the people there will like me immediately whereas for the guys it will take time. Not surprised about that too much I guess, girls aren't'as intimidating as a general rule.
He talked to us for about an hour on what we will be doing and gave us a chart that is supposed to help us out. A little overwhelmed right now, but It will be okay.  I'm still looking forward but am realizing how big of a role we are taking on, of course we are not alone so that's great, well tomorrow is Tuesday and I'm planning on starting my outline as soon as possible so that my weekend is completely free! Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment