Hmm, it's hard to imagine that this time next month, I'll be home.. Honestly I'm ready, ready to leave Australia and continue my journey at home. There is so much I've learned here and I can't wait to put it into practice. Lots of what I learned was during prac week, but it's really taken me til now to realize what that all has been exactly.
I suppose the learning started back when we were prepping for prac week, I'll be honest and admit that it was a bit stressful beforehand and I took on more than I could handle, volunteering for anything and everything if there was more than a minutes pause after the question, "Any volunteers?"
If only I had known what I do after prac week, but I'll try not get ahead of myself. See, I had a mini breakdown before leaving and couldn't decide where to begin in accomplishing all the work I had volunteered for, little did I realize that I didn't have to. Even though I didn't really ask God to help me, he did anyway. He made it so that one of the programs due was set back because there wasn't enough information and had people volunteer to help me. When it came time on prac week to use the programs, things changed a bit too. However God gave other people ideas to help me out. At Crystal Manor, Ashley gave the idea about breaking into groups and having a point system instead of having everyone compete on their own for a Bingo. And through that experience God showed me complete and full joy, that later I used in my testimony.
My testimony... whenever I've given it before I had the whole thing written out and started out by telling about my commitment to Christ at the early age of 3. This time, I went up with a single sheet of paper, only notes and an introduction were displayed. I asked God to speak through me and to about things in my life that the audience really needed to hear. So instead of staring at the piece of paper in front of me... I looked out at the audience, made eye contact and saw their nods of understanding. WOW, that is something only God could have orchestrated. I didn't come across as a person who has it all together or someone who has nothing more to be taught by God. I was honest and talked about the struggles and victories that have been taking place in my everyday life.
So, the real learning lesson came on the bus ride home, everything came together while reading a book (The Indwelling Life of Christ). Through everything that happened on prac week, even when I thought things were going badly, God was in control. He used the program at the Psych ward even when I was at a loss, and comforted me afterwards when I felt that I messed it up. What did I learn, not to worry. When I've got assignments to do, or events to plan, I need to go to God, lay it at his feet, and trust that he'll give me time and the means to complete it all. This week, I've been able to see it work. I have time to get my assignments done, I haven't been procrastinating either, and when I lost my debit card this week, I waited, prayed and found it the next day all with calmness. This doesn't mean that I sit back and do nothing everyday, but neither do I worry about what I should be doing. Today I'm sitting in a cafe' relaxing, blogging and reading my bible. If we are open to God working in our lives, he will.
Revelation 3:20, Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Oftentimes this verse is used when sharing with unbelievers. However it is really talking to believers, everyday Jesus stands at the door of your life knocking, asking if you will let him, to live in you and through you. So, will you let him in?
No comments:
Post a Comment