Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Time

And sometimes I lose track of time.... not often, but it happens. Garth met today with each ministry and everyone was given a time slot, Rachel and I had 2:10-2:20pm. After lunch I went on the computer, wrote a letter then went to print out my outline, came back to my room, wrapped my secret sister gift. Then I sat down and looked at the time... 2:17pm. SHOOT! I jumped up and ran down the hallway, then realized I needed my laptop so I ran back, unplugged my computer and tried to bring it with me however my iPod was plugged in and tangled up with the other cord! I did make it to the meeting with a couple minutes to talk.... He told us that our group was at the top with the most praise, and close behind was the scripture team. He said that both Mark and Coby were impressed with us because we "roll with the punches" and always find something to do. The one comment was that I talked a lot and that Rachel didn't, Garth said maybe we could try and work on that. I know this is an area I need to improve on since I  like to fill the silence, and when a question is asked and no one answers.... I usually will. That's not really the problem, its more that I don't give time for others to answer or encourage them to, funny that this is also the area I got docked marks for on my Bible study. Perhaps God is trying to tell me something?

Well tonight Rachel and I are going to the Scottish Arms for dinner with the people from our church. This past Sunday, Nicole, Olivia, Kyle, Nathan, and Zach, came to The Fields. Since Kyle and Nathan have a ministry at Harbison Care, and get to choose which church they go to, they've picked ours! They liked it because Pastor Mark preaches to you, not at you, as well as the small community of people. Some of the other Capers students have expressed a desire to come to a Sunday service as well so we may get more people yet!

Also our camping spot is booked for this weekend, so we are praying for sunny weather since we will be by the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment