We also signed up for our Prac Week teams where we go off campus for a week into a community and get involved in programs that they have going on. We may or may not get our first choices. I was hesitant to pick Woodseys group because they will be sleeping on the floor in a building with one shower and have to cook meals for themselves. However, none of the other leaders seemed sure of what they would be doing. There are three teams, two to Victoria and one in Goulbourn.
SN@ C went REALLY well on sunday night, we raised over 800$ from the head shave and 8/10 people that volunteered for the event went "for the chop", including me. Zach's name was pulled first and his head got shaved, but not his beard... Then Sam's name got pulled and now he is staying for next term. Woodsey wouldn't have had to cut his hair but said if someone donated another 40$ HE WOULD, and someone stepped forward right away with a 50! It was a very successful fundraiser!
I'm still getting used to my short hair, it's about shoulder length which is shorter than I've had for a long time. Yesterday was the room switch. I am now in the three person room at the end of the hall with Jamie and Brittany. Right behind us are the guys dorms and room D's window is right across from mine. Regan, Seth and Taylor are in that room so I told Regan we'd have to call "Good Night" out our windows before going to bed and he did, it was really funny.
Workday is today from 8:30-4, and then after that we have a Bush dance. I'm really hoping that the sky clears up so that we can be outside!
No comments:
Post a Comment