Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Emotional Good-byes

My first goodbye. I wish I could say that I bravely shook my grandpas hand and that as I went to give my grandma a hug, tears weren't threatening to let loose.... Unfortunately that was not the case. As I shook my grandpas hand and heard the words, "See you in June" I felt them building up, the unwanted accumulation in my tear ducts that make me feel completely out of control and at a loss for words. June, June.... not even the beginning of June. But June.24th, almost half a year until that date. The conversation in the car that lead up to the hug made the tears inevitable.
" We'll miss you alot Brianna, it won't be the same without you" my grandma says
"Yes, but it will be even tougher for Brianna...." replies Grandpa

It will be difficult for me in quite a different way than for my family. They have everyone else there and although they'll think of me, there are many other people to occupy their thoughts.  I will probably find plenty of time in the first month or so to fill my thoughts with all the family and friends that I am missing.

My grandparents are off to Hawaii  for 2 months, time that I wouldn't have seen them even if I had been home. However it seems different... when they get home, I won't be there. Its going to take me time to adjust to a different country and I feel better if I don't dwell on all the uncertainties. I will have to rely on God in a completely different way then here. He is all the certainty I will have and it will be a good, different, probably a bit overwhelming of an experience.

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment